Sometimes all it takes is one person to help keep Covington clean. You can be that person by adopting your very own spot! This could be your street, a parking lot, your block, a park, a trail, a storm drain, a community gateway, or pretty much any little spot you can think of. Adopt-A-Spot provides Covington residents, business owners, students, or other organizations with the tools you need to help make a difference in your community.
SO YOU WANT TO ADOPT-A-SPOT?
Awesome! We want to help you get started!
1. Register your area or project/cleanup event using the "Register For Adopt-A-Spot" button to your right.
2. Call 859-292-2121 or email (email@example.com) and advise when you want to pick up supplies. Please give at least 3 days advance notice. Don’t forget to leave your group’s name or individual’s name and give contact number.
3. Pick up your supplies at City Hall at: 20 West Pike Street, Covington KY 41011. During business hours Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm.
4. Review Safety Guidelines with all participants before starting. They are included with your Adopt-A-Spot kit.
5. Clean and beautify your spot regularly (once a week is recommended) and update on our website.
· A cleaner community
· A healthier and safer environment for residents and wildlife
· A sense of community service and pride
· A better place to do business
· Recognition by the Keep Covington Beautiful and the City of Covington
· Community service credits for youth groups and other organizations
· Controlling litter - remove trash & cigarette butts
· Planting flowers and trees
· Removing weeds
· Removing illegally posted signs from utility poles or traffic islands
· Creating greenspace – beautification / landscaping